Using Tracers for Quality Improvement
A capacity building session that includes an overview of tracers and the process of conducting tracers within your organization.
This 2-day capacity building session provides participants with an overview of tracers and details the process of conducting tracers to drive quality improvement within your organization.
The session provides participants with a robust step-by-step approach to planning and conducting their own tracers and is intended for participants who want to:
- Assess compliance with accreditation standards
- Identify strengths and opportunities for improvement in priority areas
- Conduct mock surveys in their organization to prepare staff for the accreditation on-site survey
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the rationale and purpose of the tracer approach
- Plan a tracer to assess consistency, quality and safety of care, services and processes
- Develop effective question lines
- Conduct tracers through role playing to assess the quality of processes and care in different environments
- Maximize interaction during tracers through using effective communication approaches and techniques
- Analyze and report tracer observations and results
- Take actions on opportunities for improvement
Who is it for?
This session is intended for Accreditation Coordinators and team members, Directors, Managers, Physicians and Staff members.
This on-site session is facilitated by an HSO Expert Faculty Member who is an experienced Accreditation Canada surveyor.
Request more information