Introduction to the Tracer Methodology
An overview of the tracer methodology through discussions, case studies, and exercises.
This one day training session introduces participants to the tracer methodology used during the accreditation on-site survey. It prepares participants for the tracer activities which will occur during the on-site survey. The workshop provides participants with a clear understanding of how tracers are conducted by surveyors and the kinds of questions to expect during the various tracer activities.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the rationale and purpose of the tracer approach
- Explain the link between tracers and quality improvement
- Identify the activities that take place during an on-site survey
- Map the path of a clinical and administrative tracer
- Identify questions that surveyors might ask staff members during tracers
- Develop a communication plan to prepare staff for tracer activities
Who is it for?
This session is intended for Accreditation Coordinators and team members, Directors, Managers, Physicians and staff members.
This on-site session is facilitated by an HSO Expert Faculty Member who is an experienced Accreditation Canada surveyor.
Request more information