Stroke Distinction helps organizations improve and stand out as leaders in stroke care
Stroke Distinction is a rigorous and highly specialized program developed in partnership with Heart and Stroke, Canada which follows standards that are based on the Canadian Stroke Best Practices, and in‑depth, stroke-specific performance indicators and protocols.
Showcase Excellence in Stroke Care
- Helps you implement stroke protocols and meet performance indicators that identify critical aspects of high-quality stroke care
- Helps strengthen staff recruitment and retention
- Supports the acquisition of research funding
- Offers an on-site visit from expert evaluators who have extensive practical experience in stroke services
Improve Efficiency & Outcomes
Stroke Distinction helps optimize scarce resources by:
- Mitigating risk, which reduces the high cost of errors
- Identifying opportunities to standardize care and improve efficiency
- Focusing on excellence and innovation, client and family education, effective protocols, and implementing the Canadian Stroke Best Practices
Stroke Distinction in Action: University Health Network, Toronto Rehab
UHN – Toronto Rehab has participated in Accreditation Canada’ Stroke Distinction program since 2010, receiving the stroke distinction award three times.
Since beginning their participation, they have demonstrated significant improvements in key quality and safety indicators:
In addition to these measurable improvements, staff have reported that Stroke Distinction has allowed them to stay on top of Canadian Stroke Best Practices, helped them improve upon their current practices, and has helped the organization showcase it’s excellence in stroke care.