Accreditation for Independent Health Facilities
Independent Health Facilities play an important role in supporting both the community and acute services.
These non-hospital facilities offer specialized services which may include reproductive technology, laboratory services, diagnostic services, emergency services, surgical services and medical imaging services.
Independent Health Facilities trust Accreditation Canada to help improve quality & safety
Accreditation Canada understands that quality service is what differentiates one provider from another. Being accredited with Accreditation Canada demonstrates you are meeting the same high standards for service delivery as hospitals.
Participating in accreditation will support you to:
- Mitigate risks, which reduces the high cost of errors
- Identify opportunities to standardize care to improve efficiencies
- Improve quality frameworks with the guidance of standards
- Support the uptake of best practices
- Show your commitment to quality and safety in a tangible way
Standards for independent medical facilities
Accreditation Canada offers over 100 standards for health and social service organizations. The following are just some of the standards that may be applicable to your independent medical facility:
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) Standards
- Biomedical Laboratory Standards
- Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Emergency Medical Services and Interfacility Transport
- Independent Medical /Surgical Facilities Standards
- Medical Imaging Centres