Community health and social services provide patient and family care in the community, the client’s home or other residential setting
These type of care services play an important role in the health and well-being of Canadians.
At Accreditation Canada, we understand your community-based health care or social service organization and offer a framework to help you implement standards of excellence, measure your success, and demonstrate your commitment to safety and quality health care:
- Enhance teamwork to improve staff communication, safety and well-being
- Reduce risk to clients and staff, which decreases the high cost of errors
- Identify opportunities to standardize care and improve efficiencies
- Support the uptake of best practices and a culture of quality and safety
Community care locations accredited
Standards developed specifically to address the unique challenges of community care
- Community Health Services Standards: Focuses on community and populations specific needs, as well as the delivery of programs and services when dealing with groups of clients or populations.
- Primary Care Services Standards: Examines health promotion, disease prevention, and capacity building.
- Community-Based Mental Health Services and Supports Standards: Assesses quality at the point of service delivery, whether that’s at a client’s school, home, or office.
- Home Care Services Standards: Focuses on in-home nursing care, rehabilitation, and therapy such as physiotherapy, respiratory therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, dietetics, and social work.
- Home Support Services Standards: Focuses on non-clinical services such as meal preparation and delivery, housekeeping, and assistance with bathing, dressing, and mobilization.