Quality and momentum in one comprehensive package
The Qmentum accreditation program is designed to focus on quality and safety throughout all aspects of an organization`s services—from governance and leadership to direct care and infrastructure—to the benefit of patients, clients, residents, staff and volunteers.
Qmentum follows a similar process to the Accreditation Primer, but uses a broader range of standards and offers a more in-depth assessment.
There are four sets of standards at the core of the program:
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Medication Management
Most clients use these system-wide standards, customized to fit their needs, plus other standards that apply to the services they offer.
Throughout the program, there are clear steps and milestones along the way:
- Become familiar with the program resources (standards and education materials)
- Participate in education and training
- Administer the self‐assessment (optional) and the performance measure instruments (Worklife Pulse Tool, Canadian Patient Safety Culture Survey Tool, and Governance Functioning Tool)
- Take action on processes and practices identified as needing improvement
- Undertake the on-site survey, which can last anywhere from two to five days, depending on the size of the organization and the services offered
- Receive the Qmentum accreditation decision and Accreditation Report
- Use the results to guide ongoing quality improvement activities