Follow-Up #2: Accreditation Canada Client Portal
July 8, 2019
Thank you for your continued patience as we work to re-open the client portal.
On June 21, 2019, Health Standards Organization (HSO) and Accreditation Canada (AC) became aware of a potential malware incident which, despite robust security measures, impacted our IT systems. We immediately launched an investigation with the assistance of external cyber security experts and took measures to contain the malware that was present.
After a forensic investigation, there is no evidence of any attempted or actual misuse of confidential client or personal information from our systems. We are committed to the security of all information stored on our systems and regret that this incident occurred. Based on the advice of our cyber security experts, we will be taking precautionary measures while gradually re-storing full functionality to the portal.
Therefore, we will now re-open the portal on Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. EST.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and encourage you to work directly with your Accreditation Canada contact to determine next steps specific to your organization.
To mitigate the risk of this happening again, we are continuing to apply enhanced security measures to our IT systems and are putting additional cybersecurity monitoring systems in place.
As a reminder:
- The deadline for online post survey client and peer evaluation submissions will be extended.
- The evidence submissions deadlines between June 16, 2019 and August 1, 2019 will be extended by 21 days from the time the portal is re-opened for submissions. You will be notified when the portal is re-opened for evidence review submissions; however, our review and response will be delayed.
- Decision reports and letters will be delayed.
- The window for appeals will be extended for clients that received their letters after May 31, 2019 and the days where the portal has not been available will not be counted towards the 15-day standard timeframe for appeal.
- Once the portal is re-opened, we will work with you to review your instruments and self-assessments for any impact.
We apologize for this inconvenience and are committed to working with you as you submit information into the portal. Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please forward this message to affected colleagues within your organization.