Accreditation for Independent Medical/Surgical Facilities (IMSF)
Independent Medical/Surgical Facilities play an important role in supporting both the community and acute services within the healthcare spectrum.
These non-hospital facilities offer specialized services which may include cosmetic surgery, orthopaedic surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics/gyneacology, bariatric surgery, endoscopy and more.
Independent Medical/Surgical Facilities trust Accreditation Canada to help improve quality & safety
Accreditation Canada understands that quality service is what differentiates one provider from another. Being accredited with Accreditation Canada demonstrates you are meeting the same high standards for service delivery as hospitals.
Participating in accreditation will support you to:
- Mitigate risks, which reduces the high cost of errors
- Identify opportunities to standardize care to improve efficiencies
- Improve quality frameworks with the guidance of standards
- Support the uptake of best practices
- Show your commitment to quality and safety in a tangible way
- Gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace
The standards cover:
- Building an effective facility
- Maintaining a safe facility
- Having the right people to deliver services
- Monitoring quality and achieving positive outcomes
- Maintaining accessible and efficient health information systems