Accreditation Canada works with providers, policy makers and the public to improve the quality and safety of health and social services for all.
We are bringing the best of health care from around the world together and sharing it with you.
From the standards we use to the frontline assessments we conduct and everything in between, patients and families are full partners in what we do.
The Accreditation Program
- A global program with a local focus: Accreditation Canada offers a globally developed, locally tailored accreditation program supported by staff and surveyors who have extensive, lived experience in healthcare at all levels, from around the world. Our programs are available in a number of languages including English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and more.
- Recognizing your entire organization: Accreditation Canada’s philosophy of quality improvement is based on the involvement of the entire organization. That’s why we assess all aspect of your organization and provide an accreditation award that recognizes your entire organization and not just a specific program.
- Multi-level accreditation program: Organizations are awarded accreditation at the Gold, Platinum or Diamond level, providing an opportunity for you to differentiate yourself in the marketplace. Learn more about our multi-level accreditation program.
- Over 100 standards: Accreditation Canada’s program is built upon over 100 globally-influenced and jurisdictionally-tailored standards, developed by our affiliate organization, HSO.
- Able to accredit all your sites: The accreditation program is flexible enough to accredit single site or multi-site organizations. It’s designed to give you overall rating as well as location-specific ratings that allow you to pinpoint areas of strength and opportunities for improvement at the location level regardless of the number of sites you have.
- Transparent fee structure: Accreditation Canada’s fee structure includes all of the necessary tools, resources and support you need to be successful in your accreditation journey. Unlike many other accreditation bodies, there are no hidden fees.
- HSO: In February 2017, Accreditation Canada separated standards development from the delivery of accreditation services and created Health Standards Organization (HSO). This separation allows Accreditation Canada to focus on delivering the best accreditation services possible.
- Robust, relevant and rigorous: Standards are developed through a rigorous, transparent process of planning, research and public review. Technical committees comprised of health service providers, clients and families, subject matter experts and policy makers lead the development of standards content.
- Unbiased: No special interest group or private entity can influence the content of our standards to their sole benefit.
- More than 500 surveyors
- 60 years of experience
- Accredited by ISQua, the International Society of Quailty in Healthcare
- A member of APLAC, the Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation
- Affiliated with Health Standards Organization (HSO), a global Standards Development Organization recognized by the Standards Council of Canada
Where does Accreditation Canada work?
More than 1,100 health care and social service organizations, representing over 7,000 sites and services across 5 continents, are experiencing the rewards of being accredited by Accreditation Canada.