The Qmentum Accreditation Program
- A global program with a local focus: Qmentum is a globally developed, locally tailored accreditation program supported by staff and surveyors who have extensive, lived experience in health care at all levels, from around the world. Our programs are available in a number of languages including English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and more.
- Over 100 standards: Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum accreditation program is built upon over 100 globally-influenced and jurisdictionally-tailored standards, developed by our affiliate organization, Health Standards Organization.
- Able to accredit all your sites: The accreditation program is flexible enough to accredit single site or multi-site organizations. It’s designed to give you overall rating as well as location-specific ratings that allow you to pinpoint areas of strength and opportunities for improvement at the location level regardless of the number of sites you have.
- Introductory accreditation program: Organizations located in Canada are able to start with an introductory Primer program designed specifically to help organizations new to accreditation build resources and capacity, and strengthen basic structures and processes related to quality and safety before moving onto the full accreditation program. Similar introductory programs are available to organizations located outside of Canada.
- Transparent fee structure: Accreditation Canada’s fee structure includes all of the necessary tools, resources and support you need to be successful in your accreditation journey. Unlike many other accreditation bodies, there are no hidden fees.
- Health Standards Organization: Standards used in the Qmentum accreditation program are developed by Health Standards Organization, a global Standards Development Organization recognized by the Standards Council of Canada.
- Robust, relevant and rigorous: Standards are developed through a rigorous, transparent process of planning, research and public review. Technical committees comprised of health service providers, clients and families, subject matter experts and policy makers lead the development of standards content.
- Unbiased: No special interest group or private entity can influence the content of our standards to their sole benefit
- More than 500 surveyors
- 60 years of experience
- Accredited by ISQua, the International Society of Quailty in Healthcare
- A member of APLAC, the Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation
- Affiliated with Health Standards Organization (HSO), a global Standards Development Organization recognized by the Standards Council of Canada
Some of the places you'll find Accreditation Canada